If you create a website with a cloud-based template like Wix.Com, Weebly, GoDaddy Web Builder, etc - your website will be auto-populated with generic elements, like icons for facebook, twitter, youtube, a copyright blurb and usually it also includes a map.
But if you leave the generic information on these elements, your customers will end up at the Wix, GoDaddy, Weebly, etc Facebook, twitter feed or at the company's headquarters if they're mapping directions. Which is great SEO for all of the above companies but not so much for you, right?
That may be funny, but the serious issue is that Google can't index your site correctly and make it viewable to potential customers in your area. So be sure to change all of these elements before you publish. And if you've already published, update the content ASAP!
Here are specific isntructions for changing your address on the map on your Wix website. Other sites like Weebly and GoDaddy will be similar:
1. Scroll down to the Map on your website.
2. Click Change Address.
3. Enter your location. (note: you can simply enter a city and state if you do not want to include your entire street or if you have a PO Box address)
4. Click Find.
5. Enter a location description (optional).
Don't have a map yet but want to add one? Here are the steps: 1. Click Add on the left side of the Editor.
2. Click More.
3. Scroll down to the Google Maps section.
4. Click a map or drag it to the relevant location on your page.
Follow the instructions above for entering an address and a location description.