This month, we are showing you how to navigate and manage your Wix website.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to move your old Wix website to the new Wix Editor X. Before you proceed with the transfer, please be sure to read every step from start to finish so you know what you're getting into.
Here is the website before we transfer. Note the layout, images, navigation links, etc.
1. First step, open your old Wix website under, "My Sites" by selecting the website thumbnail or going directly to the website Dashboard.
2. From the dropdown menu, "Site Actions," you will see, "Move Site to Editor X" Select this action.
Wait until your website is transferred to the new Editor X. This may involve some time depending on how large your website is. This 3 page website took about 10 minutes to migrate from the old editor to Editor X.
3. Transfer complete, when your site transfer is complete you will see a status update indicating your site has been successfully moved. Take note of the completed changes.
4. Editor X Tutorial Steps, the new Editor will attempt to quickly show you the steps necessary to restore a former version, update your live site and go back to site history. Note: This does not include reverting to the old editor which is not possible at this time.
5. Asses the transfer, unfortunately our previously working website was broken during the transfer to Editor X. This will involve some time and repairs to rectify the damage. Let's look at the different layouts to see what all was affected.
6. Since transfers to Editor X are permanent (at this time), you may find yourself with some (or many) edits ahead of you. Take your time to inspect every element, test contact forms, structure, all SEO and each layout design (desktop, tablet and mobile) to be sure your website is functioning properly and looking as expected.
Word of Warning: If you don't have the time for edits or you had previously hired a Wix Partner / Expert to build your website, consider whether you should try to transfer to Editor X at this time. If you want to commence with the transfer, you may need to hire a Wix Partner or consider spending time repairing any damage after the transfer, should the process not work as anticipated.
I've been programming, designing, writing and publishing professionally online since 1995. I've worn many hats throughout my life, but the common core of my career has always been media. Besides theportfolio you see on TNW Creations, my internet presence has been substantial for over 2 decades. In 1995, while still in college, I founded TNW Creations and became part of the grassroots development for teaching the Lakhota language online. By 2004, my bilingual work was listed on many sites, including National Geographic , Encarta and Touchstone Pictures Hidalgo. When I'm not developing and writing, you'll find me managing MagicStoryLand.Com, creating kid-friendly game & video content, investigating and initating hostile website takedowns, posting salty articles about cyber threats, moderating UnifyLife.Org and enjoying my community, church & family.