If you create a website with Wix.Com, your website will be auto-populated with generic elements, like icons for facebook, twitter, youtube, a copyright blurb and usually it also includes a map.
But if you leave the generic information on these elements, your customers will end up at the Wix Facebook page, Wix’s twitter feed or at Wix headquarters if they’re mapping directions.
That may be funny, but the worst part of this is actually that Google can’t index your site correctly and make it viewable to potential customers in your area. So be sure to change all of these elements before you publish. And if you’ve already published, update the content ASAP! Here’s how to change your address on the map on your Wix website.
1. Scroll down to the Map on your website.
2. Click Change Address.
3. Enter your location. (note: you can simply enter a city and state if you do not want to include your entire street or if you have a PO Box address)
4. Click Find.
5. Enter a location description (optional).
Don’t have a map yet but want to add one? Here are the steps: 1. Click Add on the left side of the Editor.
2. Click More.
3. Scroll down to the Google Maps section.
4. Click a map or drag it to the relevant location on your page.
Follow the instructions above for entering an address and a location description.
Need web help?
TNW Blog: https://www.tnwcreations.com/blog
Looking for Digital Web & Print Marketing? www.tnwcreations.com